Sprint has unveiled the Curiosity IoT platform, a new standard in how IoT is managed and secured.
“On top of our dedicated IoT core and operating system built together with Ericsson, our close collaboration with fellow SoftBank company, Packet enables an advanced distributed core network using bare metal servers at the edge that may be activated in minutes,” said Ivo Rook, senior vice president, IoT & product development at Sprint. “Arm changes the way devices are managed over the air and data is analyzed, while delivering unparalleled security from the chip to the cloud. Overall, Curiosity IoT reflects our unique approach in creating the absolute best operating and management environment for IoT – from system managers enhancing their increasingly IoT-centric operations to the most demanding applications in the immediate economy.”
Enterprises will now be able to manage devices and connectivity over the air across multiple SIM profiles. Intelligence from device data will be generated instantly through the dedicated, distributed and virtualized core, built together with the new operating system.
“Sprint’s unique platform design called for a distributed core to bring the network to the data, rather than the data to the network,” said Zachary Smith, CEO at Packet. “They didn’t have to look any further than within the SoftBank family, with Packet distributing the core and enabling automation in a matter of minutes, as opposed to months.”
And the ultimate level of security will be provided from the chip to the cloud.
“IoT provides a tremendous opportunity for organizations to obtain actionable insights from their devices and data, but require strong company integrations to manage the vast industry fragmentation and security challenges,” said Hima Mukkamala, senior vice president and general manager at Arm. “We are working with Sprint from device-to-data and bringing the IoT security and business-critical services that are vital for unlocking value from IoT.”
Curiosity IoT: A New Era Reinforced by SoftBank Family Innovation
- Dedicated, virtualized and distributed IoT core: reduces distance between the device generating data and the IoT application processing that data for immediate, actionable intelligence from 1,000 miles to <50 miles using Packet bare metal servers
- Operating system
- Arm’s Platform Security Architecture (PSA) framework provides a common secure foundation for IoT devices: a holistic set of threat models, security analysis, hardware and software specifications, along with open source firmware
- For trusted intelligence, secure and structured IoT data is easily ingested from devices and integrated for analytics with other enterprise data using Arm Pelion Data Management
- Through the Arm Pelion Connectivity Management and Arm Kigen SIM solutions, customers can securely manage and provision SIM connectivity across all devices deployed anywhere using any network protocol including cellular, satellite or LoRa
- Built-in security, simplified management and over-the-air firmware updates for a wide range of device types deployed on premises or in the cloud through Arm Pelion Device Management
Sprint is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most.
Sprint served 54.6 million connections as of June 30, 2018 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
Today, Sprint’s legacy of innovation and service continues with an increased investment to dramatically improve coverage, reliability, and speed across its nationwide network and commitment to launching the first 5G mobile network in the U.S.
For more information contact: Colette Killworth – Sprint@godriven360.com – 310-374-6177